Leisure Travel Consultant
Founded in 2011, Travel Edge is a $750 million company specializing in Leisure, Corporate & Events, and Tours travel. The Leisure division has 10 offices in the US, Canada, and Bermuda, with over 750 expert advisors specializing in air, cruise, vacation, and VIP travel. The agency developed the Agent Digital Experience (ADX) to solve chronic efficiency problems for agents. The Corporate & Events division has four offices and 100 corporate travel and event planners specializing in corporations looking for a tailored and full-service travel management solution. The Tours division, Kensington Tours, has 150 destination experts and offers custom and private guided tours to over 90 countries worldwide..
- Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
- Diagnose the clients’ specifications and wishes and suggest suitable travel packages or services.
- Organize travels from beginning to end, through booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation etc.
- Advise clients on travel arrangements (i.e. visas, passports, vaccinations, etc.) and keep clients up to date with any changes.
- Supply travelers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday material (guides, maps, event programs etc.).
- Calculate itinerary costs and collect deposits and balances.
- Handle unforeseen problems and complaints and determine eligibility for money returns.
- Attend conferences to maintain familiarity with tourism trends.
- Create and update electronic records of clients.
- Network while maintaining relationships with other key stakeholders.
- Reach the revenue and profit targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years proven working experience as a travel consultant/advisor/agent
- TICO certified
- Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or relevant field (preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of industry software (computer reservations systems, GDS systems and e-travel). Sabre and ClientBase experience an asset.
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of additional languages is an advantage
- Exemplary sales skills and customer oriented service approach
- Proven ability to network to build business
- Well versed in various areas of travel (domestic/international, business/holidays, group/individual etc.)
- Ability to persuade and communicate effectively
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Personal travel experience (preferred)