The contest will begin on September 11 and will end on October 29, 2017
How To Participate:
The winner must be a retail Travel Agent in Canada.
- Complete the online contest form at www.PAXnews.com and submit up to three (3) travel photo(s) (digital format only) to Holiday Snapshots Contest 12 no later than October 8, 2017, 11:59pm EST.
- Pictures must be the original work of the individual submitting them.
- Pictures may be of any subject but must have a travel-related theme.
- All pictures received will appear in our National Holiday Snapshots Contest Online Photo Album in PAXnews.com. Images must conform to contest stipulations.
- PAXnews.com reserves the right to refuse publication of any image it deems inconsistent or inappropriate within the rules.
- Please note that a winner of a previous edition can not win this contest in order to give others a chance.
- Only digital photos sent by email will be accepted.
One all-inclusive vacations for two (2) to Hotel Riu Dunamar in Mexico onboard Sunwing Airlines, a value of $4,000 plus tax (Approx. taxes: $430 p/p).
Hotel Riu Dunamar: Set on an idyllic stretch of Playa Mujeres Beach on the continental side of Isla Mujeres is Hotel Riu Dunamar – the latest oceanfront paradise from RIU Hotels & Resorts in Cancun. Ideal for opulent escapes, this tropical destination offers innumerable amenities and services designed with families in mind. Guests at this resort can relax in the five shimmering pools or luxuriate under the warm Mexican sun from the comfort of a lounger. There’s also complimentary non-motorized water sports along the white sandy beach, including kayaking and snorkelling, and daytime programming for children at the RiuLand Kids’ Club. For weary travellers in need of rejuvenation, the Renova Spa is the quintessential retreat, offering tranquil massages and other indulgent treatments. Foodies will also appreciate the resort’s many refined gastronomic specialties, including gourmet Asian and Italian cuisines from the à la carte dining venues and succulent steakhouse classics.
Readers of PAXnews.com will be invited to vote online for their favourite image between October 9 and October 29, 2017. Each reader will be allowed to vote only one (1) time per picture. All duplicates are automatically canceled.
The grand prize winner will be announced in PAXnews.com on October 31, 2017.
Photos will be displayed in the Photo Gallery of PAXnews.com. All approved images will be published in the magazine.
By filling out the form, you certify that you are aware of, and accept the contest regulations. You also hereby agree that LogiMonde media may use your photo(s) at any time for promotional or display purposes, without any compensation to you.
Terms and conditions:
Your Sunwing Vacations prize includes:
- Roundtrip airfare, based on economy class, for two (2) persons consisting of two (2) adults (one of whom must be the winner) from any available Canadian gateway to Cancun, Mexico onboard Sunwing Airlines
- 7 (seven) nights standard accommodations at Hotel Riu Dunamar in a room based on double occupancy
- All Inclusive meal plan while at Hotel Riu Dunamar
- Land transfers between the airport and hotel in destination
- All hotel taxes and processing fees
Not included in your Sunwing Vacations prize:
- Ground transportation not specifically mentioned above (including transportation to and from you and your guest(s)’ homes)
- Airport improvement fees
- Insurance (including, but not limited to, travel insurance, medical insurance and trip cancelation insurance)
- Connecting flights (including to the departure gateway city)
- Taxes (including, but not limited to, departure taxes, air seat/airline taxes and applicable federal, provincial, municipal, state and/or local taxes)
- Sightseeing tours and other in-destination activities
- Travel related fees/surcharges
- Excess baggage fees
- Costs associated with obtaining travel documents (including, but not limited to passports and visas)
- Costs associated with obtaining necessary vaccinations
- Items of personal nature
- Additional meals
- Room upgrade
- Tips & gratuities
- In-room movies
Limitation and Rules & Regulations:
- You accept the prize “as is” otherwise it will be forfeited
- Travel is valid from January 3, 2018 – December 15, 2018 (the “Travel Period” )
- Travel is subject to availability and must be requested a minimum of four (4) weeks prior to the requested departure date
- Blackout periods apply, including without limitation: Feb 14-28, Mar 12-Apr 2, May 26-May 31, Jun 27-Jul 07, Aug 01-31 and Nov 22-25, subject to availability
- If you are unable to travel during the Travel Period, you will be required to forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected at Sunwing’s sole discretion
- Once reservation is made, they cannot be changed
- All reservations are subject to the terms and conditions set out in Sunwing’s brochure or located on Sunwing’s website located at www.sunwing.ca
- You and your travel guest(s) must be in possession of a valid passport and other necessary travel documents upon selection, which documents must be valid prior to, and for the duration of the trip. Failure to obtain necessary travel documentation will result in forfeiture of the prize
- Any lost or stolen, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced
- All airline tickets are subject to flight variations, work stoppage, and schedule or route changes
- Sunwing reserves the right to structure travel routes and select hotels in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of Sunwing
- If the prize, or any portion thereof, is unused, it cannot be carried forward and will be forfeit
- Elements of the prize (including, without limitation, airfare and lodging) may not be used towards frequent flyer miles or other loyalty programs
- You and your guest must comply with all applicable laws, including but not limited to, all local laws while in destination
- The prize, and any portion thereof, is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash surrender value and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except as may be decided by Sunwing in its sole discretion
- Sunwing reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify the prize or any portion thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value for any reason.
Submitted images are the responsibility of the photographer and must conform to current laws and publishing rights. All submitted photos must be free of any restrictions. Contest organizers cannot be held responsible for any dispute or contention regarding copyrights or other related rights.
By submitting images to our Holiday Snapshot Contest 12 you give PAXnews.com the legal right to use and publish your submitted materials for future advertising, promotion and other electronic or print campaigns. You also acknowledge that the image was taken by you, and that any identifiable persons in your image(s) have approved your submission to this contest. Participants must be 21 years of age or older.
By entering the contest and agreeing to our terms and conditions, the winners confirm their eligibility and compliance with the contest rules and release PAXnews.com and its partners and affiliates from all liability caused by, or resulting from, the acceptance or use of the contest prize.
This contest is open to all travel agents actively working in the industry, in Canada, who are not employees of, or a member of the immediate family of, or domiciled with, an employee of Logimonde Media and/or Sunwing Vacations.
PAXnews.com assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, or misdirected entries, or for any failure of the website during this contest, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, services, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by PAXnews.com on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or the website or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s, or any other person’s computer, related to, or resulting from, playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Any attempt to deliberately damage the website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of the Criminal and Civil laws, and should such an attempt be made. PAXnews.com reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. PAXnews.com reserves the right to change the terms of this contest, or terminate it at any time, without prior notice.
All entries become the property of PAXnews.com and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants who will be notified by email and announced in our e-newsletter. Entrants, by entering this contest, agree to abide by these contest rules. Contest winners must consent to the use of their name and photograph, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by PAXnews.com.
From September 11 to October 8, 2017 – submit one to three (1- 3) images in the contest.
From October 9 to October 29, 2017 – Reader’s vote.
October 31, 2017 – Announcement of winner in www.PAXnews.com