MSC Cruises has unveiled MSC for Me, a fleet-wide digital innovation program providing guests with over 130 smart features during their cruise.
MSC for Me will debut on MSC Meraviglia, the cruise line’s first next-generation new mega-ship coming into service this June in the Mediterranean, which will be fitted with 16,000 points of connectivity, 700 digital access points, 358 informative and interactive screens, and 2,244 staterooms with RFID/NFC access technology. The program will next be rolled out on MSC Seaside when the ship launches in November.
MSC for Me’s key features include:
- Navigation: digital way finder that provides guests on board with advice, guidance and information on what’s on. The technology is similar to smart maps and helps them find their way on the 1000+ foot long ships with a 16 foot precision. It also allows guests to locate their children, as needed.
- Concierge: allows guests to easily book services, restaurants, excursions and more in real time, 24/7.
- Capture: digital immersive discovery through virtual reality to preview excursions and a gallery with interactive screens showing the unique story of a guest’s trip, which they can share in real time.
- Organizer: a planning tool for guests to check in with their mobile device, book trips, seats for shows, or the best dinner table, before embarking or when on board.
- TailorMade: digital, personal advisor that will provide tailored recommendations, based on preferences. Intelligent face recognition will help staff take care of guests in a highly personalized way. Interactive bracelets will connect guests to the ship’s services and will activate geo-located suggestions through 3,050 Bluetooth beacons.
MSC for Me will see its initial roll-out across the line’s new builds, with further refinement and enrichment taking place as each ship comes into service. Its key features will then be rolled out to all 12 ships in MSC Cruises’ existing fleet.